As the first class in the six course HR Academy series, Human Resources Fundamentals is a day long course designed to provide an overview and context for the unique aspects of public sector HR. Students will be introduced to the value of Human Resources as a business partner, responsible for both understanding and promoting the organization’s goals while also supporting public sector merit principles, ethics and culture. The course also provides an overview of relevant laws.
Facilitator: Regina Schnell
- Overview of the sub-disciplines of Human Resources and their inter-relationships
- The many roles of a Human Resources professional
- Public sector culture, politics and ethics
- Human Resources as a partner in promoting organizational goals
- Human Resources technologies and their uses
- Public sector employment and their regulations
For more information and to register please visit www.sdrtc.com or call 858-550-0040.
Facilitated by Regina Schnell, this course will teach you new strategies for conflict management. Conflict is constructive when it brings new ideas, innovation, and deeper relationships. Conflict is destructive when it leads to tense relationships, lowered morale, and productivity. You will learn a variety of conflict management styles, their strategies, and the skills required for each strategy.